Friday, July 29, 2011

Lamps

My last post featured some of the patterns I have been working on with my wife, Gayle Kabaker and my upcoming show at the Pushkin Gallery in Oct.
As we move into the realization phase of putting our texture and pattern show together we recognize that, like all things, we could only hope to assemble and make real, parts of our vision. However, we are enjoying how the backlighting of a lamp shade, whether it be 6 feet tall or 1 foot tall, greatly enriches the art. The soft warm glow of the smooth fabric we are printing on is very seductive. So we are making many lamps of all sizes and most of the show could turn out to be a very large marble walled room full of hanging lights. Right now I love this idea. Many lamps still to go...













No comments:

Post a Comment